Sunday, August 2, 2009

It's always fun when Grandpa comes...

when Grandpa comes hooray! (and Grandma too!)

Josh's parents came to visit us about 3 (or was it 4?) weeks ago. It was the first time we had seen Josh's dad since we moved here and the boys were really excited. Their favorite things were swimming with Grandpa the shark (or was it a porpoise?), the tide pools (which I think actually grossed Grandma out), and having a night with just Grandma and Grandpa while mommy and daddy went out on a date (that was a favorite of mine too!)

We had a lot of fun with them here. Two other highlights:

For Father's Day we promised Grandpa a special breakfast when he came to visit. We made him stuffed french toast drizzled in raspberry sauce, fruit kabobs and egg souffle. And-even more exiting, the boys made him a crown and presented it to him before leading him to his breakfast.

Our other favorite activity was going to Coronado beach. It took us forever to get there and even longer to get home, but it was such a beautiful beach. The sand had millions of gold flecks in it and sparkled in the sun.

Whose adorable kid is this?

Didn't manage to get any good pics of Jack that day.
But Pam posed for a nice Facebook profile pic-if she would sign up for facebook.
Me and my man: (heh heh heh-I had to edit the girl to the right of my head. She was showing way too much of her butt.)
And Dal loved walking the beach with Grandpa:

3 comments:

  1. Isn't the gold in the water gorgeous? Any ideas why it is like that? I thought maybe scientist Josh may know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pics! I love the edit job. I wouldn't have even noticed...I thought she was just wearing shorts! I'm also glad that Dad got some beach use out of his shandles. Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed out loud at the photo editing!! Or maybe it was your frank explanation of the purpose for said editing. So too funny.

    ReplyDelete