Monday, January 12, 2009

Adoption

As my last post for tonight and on a much more serious note, here is a picture of my cousin, her husband and their daughter:


Sweet Sarah was adopted into their family 3 1/2 years ago and they have wanted another child for a long time now. They adopted a little boy about two years ago and after 6 1/2 months with them, he was taken back and returned to the birth mother because the birth father fought the adoption. I know, break your heart. Those are supposed to be the stories you only hear about on Lifetime, television for women.

Now, last week this sweet family flew to Washington to adopt a little girl and after almost two days with her, the birth father changed his mind and another failed adoption for this family.

I am writing this because those of us who know and love this family feel so heartbroken for them and just want to do anything to help. So I am trying to spread the word. If you know anyone considering adoption, here is a family who would welcome a child into their arms and love it forever. Spread the word, help this sweet family.

1 comment:

  1. That is like the worst story ever. I couldn't even begin to imagine having Liam taken from me now. How sad for them. At least they have that sweet little girl they will have forever!

    ReplyDelete