Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Darling Dallen

Happy birthday to Dallen! (OK, yesterday but pretend that I managed to post this yesterday ok?) Dallen is my darling. He is my sunshine-I sing that to him every night (you are my sunshine) and he sings along which is so sweet and wonderful and one of the many reasons why I absolutely love this baby boy.

One year ago he entered my world (surprise! 3.5 weeks early) after 42 hours of labor...yes, you read that right, 42 hours of labor, one trip to the hospital in the middle of the night only to be sent home and told I was not in labor, just dehydrated, followed by a long day with contractions still coming regularly all day long, another trip to the hospital in the middle of the night, a quick delivery once we were there the second time with no epidural and even more pain that I remembered from either of the other two despite being my smallest baby. But oh what I wouldn't give to relive that day. I LOVE being in the hospital with a brand new baby.

Other than giving us a few problems here and there with sleeping and spitting up, Dallen is the sweetest, happiest baby a girl could ask for. He has beautiful blue eyes and killer dimples and he willing shares his smile with anyone and everyone most anytime. He giggles all the time, loves his brothers and is his mommy's little doll. (Daddy likes his quite a bit too.) He loves being a part of our family-squealing when wrestling time begins, screaming at the dinner table to get his brothers' attention, and just putting up with everything that comes his way. I am totally and completely in love with this little boy.

Just for fun a then and now picture:

This is with his new birthday ball:

3 comments:

  1. That is a darling picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest! And please never mention a 42 hour labor with no epidural that came 3 1/2 hours early ever again. Talk about freaking me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a little dolly! Wow! I can't believe that he is already one!

    ReplyDelete