Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Dirt Ball

Two weeks ago, during my Young Women's lesson (which incidentally was about Following Christ's example), the dirt ball analogy came up. (If you are not familiar with the ball of dirt analogy please refer to previous post.)

I wasn't planning on sharing my analogy, but the stars aligned just right and out it came. The YW's were thoroughly impressed (they even suggested I write a book and offered to illustrate it) so I promised them that if they would take my challenge (to live as if the Savior was standing beside them for the next 24 hours-which might involve befriending the "worms" of the world and helping them burrow deeper into the ball of dirt), I would bring "dirt balls" for them the following Sunday. And I made good on my promise (and had an incredible week living as if the Savior was standing beside me):

1 comment:

  1. I taught this lesson in YW last week too! I wish you would have reminded me about the analogy beforehand, I'm so bad at thinking of object lessons and fun things to add when I actually need to do a lesson! Where's that "mantle of my calling???" Even when I'm not pregnant I can't do it! : P

    ReplyDelete