Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Ward is like a Ball of Dirt...

As promised and I am sure much anticipated, here is my next analogy-A ward is like a ball of dirt. Josh just doesn't get this one.

A ward is a like a big ball of dirt with a bunch of little worms all living in it or on it. In my Madison ward I was a happy little worm living right down near the core of the ball of dirt all snug and cozy and happy in my dirt. Then I was ripped from that ball of dirt and left exposed to the world. (And hopefully leaving at least somewhat of a hole in said ball of dirt that at least a few of the other worms were sad about.)

Then, I was transplanted onto a new ball of dirt. But, it takes time to find a new home in that ball of dirt, so a new little worm has to inch into the ball of dirt little by little. Each week I try to do things to inch myself a little farther into that ball of dirt until I can feel like I am engulfed in the new ball of dirt. I wriggle and squirm and try to work myself further in. Probably about the time I feel all happy and snug and cozy in the center of this new ball of dirt I will be ripped from it and placed on a new one...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you are very very missed here in Madison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear ya! Everyone says the church is great b/c you automatically have friends/family everywhere you go. Only kindof true. You have a group with the POTENTIAL of becoming friends, but it is deceptively hard to make friends, especially once you are married and not a single college girl with roomies. We are just barely starting to make some. And we've been here for a year and a half!

    ReplyDelete