Monday, January 12, 2009

Life is a Pogo Ball

Josh thinks I am strange, but I have all these wonderful metaphors for life. The first of which I will share with you tonight. Life is like a Pogo Ball. (If you don't know what a Pogo ball is, they are rubber balls with a flat disk like thing all around the edges so that it is basically a ball with a plate going through the middle and you stand on the plate part.)

I look at life like this. Life is that Pogo ball. We are all standing on a Pogo ball of our own, trying to stay in balance-gotta keep all sides of the plate the same distance to the earth. This is impossible, but we do our best to keep it as steady as possible. At times we start to lose it-leaning to far to one side, jerking back to the other, swaying, spinning, tilting, whatever.

Then there are other times when the balance seems better, like you are hovering near perfect balance with just a little tilting here and there.

Last week was one of those balance weeks for me. I don't know why-I wish I could put my finger on what makes the difference, but it was just a good, good week. I felt like I had good quality time with the boys, business was under control-not too slow, not too stressful, I had fun with Josh, was spiritually in check, I was happy and kind and the type of mother I want to be. I was balancing my pogo ball pretty darn well. Now, if I could just figure out how to do that ALL the time!

Next time I will share with you my metaphor, A Ward is a Dirt Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment