Sunday, March 29, 2009

30, Flirty, and Thriving

I turned the big 3-0 about a week ago (bonus points to anyone who can name the movie my title came from). It was a really nice birthday! I am a big birthday fan and always make sure I have a great day if at all possible. I took myself out to lunch and made Jack sing happy birthday repeatedly! I also found out you can get all sorts of free stuff for your birthday:


That was cool-I have had Baskin Robbins, Coldstone, and Red Robin all free this week and still have a Black Angus coupon I will use.

Two of my favorite things about my birthdays were these:

My friend Melissa made me the coolest birthday cake ever. She is quite the cake maker and she designed a Twilight cake and brought it to me. It is a combo of the book covers of all 4 books. I took a picture:


My father in law is an amazing poet and he wrote me a 30th birthday poem which I love! I hope he doesn't mind that I am sharing it. It is just so great!

March 2009 can be more than alarming,
Yes, half-way to sixty can really be charming,
So soon from the campus and beautiful life,
Now filling the role of a mother and wife.

And having your fill of the laughs and the joys,
Of being the mother of three little boys,
To put up with sounds of those bodily functions,
Cooking nine meals a day, with the in between munchin.'

And driving to school, then to play in the park,
While running a business from dawn until dark,
And serving as seamstress for costumes and such,
And concocting fantasies boys love so much.

Now there is much more so you cannot be bored,
Being welcoming officer for new folks in the ward,
Knocking on doors by assignment, lets say,
To show that the members are happy, but not gay.

Now then there is Josh who needs special attention,
And keeping him buoyed up deserves special mention,
He's doing great, that's certainly true,
Most of which we suspect is much thanks to you.

So while you are cleaning or screaming in-house,
While leaving for church finding urp on your blouse,
Remember those little guys love you a lot,
You're their best friend-believe it or not.

You've built such a wonderful felicitous home,
For those little boys, and Joshie we've known,
A palace of joy for them all to grow up,
And put up with all of the little boy stuff.

So thanks for the wonderful person you are,
And for lots of hours you spend in the car,
Those little boys and Josh all will go far,
And you will too, Amber, for you are a star!

Isn't that so nice and so great! Thanks Tracy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Bonus points for me: It's from 13 Going on 30. I love that movie. Happy late birthday! I am so mad that I didn't know about the birthday club things until now! My birthday was the 9th and Logan's was the 28th...YESTERDAY! We totally could have eaten out for free. Oh well, there's always next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew the name of the movie! For extra bonus points it is the title of an article in a magazine she is reading when she is thirteen and wishing she was thirty! What a sweet poem and all of it is true. you are a wonderful woman and a great wife and mother. I have a post you will like to see coming very soon...something about an apron :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE Cake! Did I say Happy Birthday? It's been crazy around here, so just in case I didn't. Happy Birthday, one of my oldest and dearest friends! I love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet poem. You must have a great relationship with your in laws :) Happy 30th, sounds like the club is getting pretty full, I'll join you next year :) I used to be terrified of turning 26, because it was closer to 30 than 20, but look how young 30 is!

    ReplyDelete