Monday, March 9, 2009

The Geek is at it AGAIN!

It has been a while since I took a picture and posted it on my blog of my Grocery Game success. But tonight was a can't resist kind of night. This time I was a double geek because I got in the picture with my stuff! Ha! At least I am comfortable in my geekiness. Really, after dealing with grumpy kids who had nothing but mean things to say to me all day it felt good to go to the store with just myself and have so much success that even the checker commented that I am a "smart shopper."

I bought: 21 boxes of name brand cereal (Captain Crunch, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Quaker Oat Squares, Honey Nut Cheerios, Gold Grahams, Mini Wheats, etc.), Tide, Scrubby bubbles, granola bars, toilet paper, gum, Oreos, chips, Spray N Wash, and salad dressing all of $56-savings of $74, PLUS I got a $6 gas card. PLUS, don't forget for those of you not in SoCal to adjust for the exorbitant prices of groceries here-almost double what I paid in Madison, so think more like $30 what you would spend. Now THAT is a deal:

And I am a nerd. But anyway...

Here are some cute pictures from the last couple of days. Family Home Evening tonight-Josh did a cool lesson on the Armor of God tonight and here are the boys in their Armor. I love how Jack looks a little unsure of what is going on.
Here is one of my problems in life. I would like to have a nice backyard-difficult because the yard was nasty before we moved in, but still. I try to keep the back porch cleaned up and vaguely decent-and then the boys go out and mud ends up everywhere. On Sunday night they even took a muddy broom and "washed" our outside windows with it. Nice. I waver between letting them be kids and wishing it could remain a little nicer out there. Here is some of their Sunday destruction although you can't really make out the whole mess here.

But, they are sweet boys. While I was off Grocery Gaming tonight Nathan read Dal his bedtime story (since I normally do it). Isn't this sweet?

3 comments:

  1. That picture of Nathan and Dal is so sweet! It's so fun to see the boys grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber you are amazing. Incredible shopper! I love that picture of Nathan & Dallin too. So sweet. My cousin is into a comparable Grocery Game thing and I am jealous. I just don't know where I would put it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this post. You big nerd. But you have CUTE kids! ;)

    ReplyDelete