Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lunch in La Jolla

Nathan is home from school today with Strep throat-but he is really only home because he was technically contagious until 12 today and school got out at 12:50, so I couldn't send him. He is feeling better. So, it has been sort of like a bonus day off for us.


We decided to meet Josh for lunch-he works on the top of the Torrey Pines mesa in La Jolla-literally right next to the famous Torrey Pines golf course and the ocean just beyond that. We recently found this really great place to go-right at the edge of the mesa overlooking the ocean (and the golf course) where gliders take off and soar over the ocean.

So, we packed a picnic lunch and picked Josh up and drove there. We had fun. Here is a picture of a glider up above us:
This picture cracked me up because they are making the same face-and it wasn't planned! Like father like son:
This picture captures Dal so well-that's my sweet little guy:This is the child formerly known as Jack. I believe that every time I have called him that in the past month I have been promptly scolded and informed who he actually is, which can change from one minute to the next. In this picture he was being either a monster truck or a monster truck driver with one eye closed, I can't remember which (but he did insert the with one eye closed part). Oh and inside out pajama shirts are a must for costuming no matter who he is, hence the ragamuffin look:

We also took Anakin Skywalker with us. My favorite part is the PB on his face:Here is a little ditch the boys played in for a while-caused by erosion. It was cool:The group minus me because someone has to hold the camera:

And last, my favorite. When we got back from our walk to the edge of the mesa and to play in the ditch we found that our lunch had been ransacked and this squirrel was sitting nearby eating one of our Girl Scout cookies!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day... each picture made me smile more and more. And the squirrel-little bandit! Thanks for blogging such a fun day. I felt like I was there!

    ReplyDelete