Sunday, March 1, 2009

Now that I have a working space bar I can begin blogging again! Yay!

It's been two weeks and I can't even think of what to write about at this point, other than that Grandma P. came to visit us for 8 days last week. We had a lot of fun with her, even though it rained for several of the days she was here. We went to Chuckecheese, Balboa Park for free museum Tuesday (talk about culture, my boys have now been to an art museum-not necessarily the greatest place to take 3 little boys), several parks, me and Josh went on a couple of really nice dates, and we went to Sea World twice.
Here is Grandma with the boys on the raft ride-Jack didn't like getting wet!
Grandma bought each of the boys a cute little penguin-each boy has a different one:
Here is Jack with his cute little penguin. Despite the little beast that he sometimes is, Jack can be so tender and sweet and loves baby stuffed animals.
And here is Grandma with the boys:

Dallen has been sort of miserable lately-and I don't mean that HE has been feeling miserable, I mean that I have been feeling miserable because of him. So unlike him-he is usually an angel. But lately he does a lot of crying when I walk away from him and he wants to be held all the time. I weaned him recently and I suspect that has something to do with it as well as the fact that he has been sick 3 times in the last month, but even when nothing else appears to be wrong, sometimes he is so fussy. And then other times he is like this-I just walked past him with the camera in hand and he smiled up for the camera:

Here are the flowers my sweet boys picked for me (off the neighbors tree-whoops) for me this evening. Nathan told me something like "moms who rock the most get the white flowers and moms are the coolest get the pink" and I got both! Swoon!

Oh and a funny story-funny for those who read it, not funny for the person it happened to. I was holding Dal the other night after dinner and he had the neck my shirt in his little fist. All of a sudden he sort of pulls out my shirt and barfs all down me-I was covered! Not funny! It was nasty. I don't think he was sick to his stomach or anything, he is just prone to gagging or something.
:)
And last, Nathan has a tendency to get big ideas and nothing can stop him from proceeding with them. Because my dear mother allowed certain daughters of hers (ahem and she only has one) to plan grand schemes and carry them off all her life, I figure I can't put a stop to his big ideas. Tonight he had it in his mind to cook something he saw on a Carebears movie recently. So, he did and then asked me to try it. I refused and said he had to try it first. We had a really good laugh at this!!

5 comments:

  1. That has got to be one of the funniest blogs you have ever posted! I am still laughing at it! You are smart to make him taste it first! The barfing would have been gross! But since you are willing to let us laugh I will have to admit that it is a little funny! Ah motherhood. Tell Josh I said Hi by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent my address to your business email. I hope you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that treat looks disgusting!!! Even Orion looked at it and said gross. What a brave boy Nathan is to put something like that in his mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was hilarious! My Isaac is A LOT like your Jack. He is a terror, but loves his stuffed animals, calls them all babies and takes great care of them. He currently has about 35 on his bed, all covered with blankets, but their little heads are sticking out. Oh, this is Kim, it will post as Ben :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great video! Bennett does the same type of "cooking". I'll have to have him try his food before I do next time =). So, how is Josh liking his Post Doc so far? How are you liking San Diego? It sounds heavenly! I think that anywhere you live that doesn't require a heavy coat for more than 1 month out of the year is a place I could live! Your boys are super cute. Your business website is AMAZING!! I have a site where I sell baby bracelets/paci holders but I'm blown away by all your offer and how great it looks! Way to go! We moved here to Dayton just this last August to go to grad school. We moved to Mesa, AZ in Oct 05, soon after Rhett got his Bachelor's from BYU. Our daughter who was born Oct. 3, 05 has LOTS of medical issues so we put off going to grad school until we got a little more stable as far as she's concerned. So we're finally moving forward with school =). Rhett's pursuing Medical Physics which he's enjoying. Hopefully the time continues to move quickly! I'm so glad you remembered who we are!! I'm excited to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete