Thursday, March 26, 2009

La Jolla Cove

Last weekend we discovered our new favorite place in San Diego-La Jolla Cove. Josh and I had been there at night for a walk along the beach of sorts but we hadn't taken the boys in the day yet. It was the best thing we have done in San Diego yet.

I didn't bring my camera (on purpose so that I would spend time enjoying the day rather than taking pictures to prove I enjoyed the day) but here is a picture (from the internet) of the Cove:
It is beautiful but the best part are the tide pools. We went at low tide (by chance-glad we hit it right) and got to explore all sorts of tide pools filled with all kinds of sea life-crabs, brine shrimp, mussels and who knows what else. It was a little boy's dream to be able to explore and see new things.

Then we let the boys play in the water at a beach even though we hadn't brought their swimming suits. There are also seals all over to see. Basically, it was paradise. We will be going back and we will be taking people who visit us there-are you tempted to come visit us now?

2 comments:

  1. I am tempted! I was already tempted, but that is pretty cool, C loves the beach and the tidal pools would fascinate him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is where Kiley proposed to me:-)

    ReplyDelete